Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Family Christmas service

For our church's Family Christmas service on December 15 the children reenacted the nativity scene. Brandon was a wise man.

he is the third
he was only able to keep a straight face for so long when he has a paparazzi mom who won't stop snapping.

between each new "addition" to the nativity story the congregation sang a song pertaining to the upcoming scene. One of the ladies came to me after the service to tell me that while Brandon was up on stage he sang along to the songs. It may sound small and possibly insignificant but I just smiled because I loved hearing that. I mentioned it to him and told him how happy it made me and unfortunately it made him blush. I'm obviously not used to having a big kid that gets embarrassed about things yet. I need to quickly, I suppose.

I made a mental note and now a blog note as well. Our preschool director called me the night before the service and asked if Brandon would be interested in playing a part. He was already in bed but I knew he would be game. She said they had both a wise man and shepherd part available. I was just sure that he'd been a shepherd last year so I said for a change let's do the wise man role. The next day when he came home from school he was so excited to hear that he would be a part of the drama again...until he learned that he was playing a wise man. It turns out that he was a wise man last year too. Mom fail. In true Brandon champion fashion he rocked his role and you would have never known that night at church that he wanted to be anything different. I love that boy!
all of the kids, they did a great great job!

2 comments:

Michelle Bailey said...

OMG that is the sweetest thing ever, reminds me of when I was an alter server..... they look great

Felicia said...

That is so sweet! Way to go Brandon!