Thursday, February 7, 2013

Thankful Thursday

This week has been a crazy one, with my husband out of town, again, things always pile up. Britton, our pre-k'er has been on a field trip 3 of the past 4 mornings, add a Boy Scout meeting Monday night, gymnastics Tuesday, a doctor appointment Wednesday and you have an exhausted mama and (I think) children. The boys are riding the bus home. I agreed after they wore me down, which didn't take much and we are going to have just a relaxing night. As much as one can have with 4 crazy kids! Anyway, with dad gone I've had some sad kiddos on my hands at times, like naptime and bedtime especially. The kids Skyped Monday night after he left Sunday morning but last night was the next time they were able to see his face.
To say they were anxious would be an understatement. I am so stinkin' thankful for technology. Seriously. It made them so happy which in turn made bedtime so much easier!
He'll be home late Friday to join Brandon on a weekend campout then back for a couple of hours Saturday to take our princess to a daddy/daughter dance, which she is over-the-moon excited for. There's been serious break-dancing happening this week in prep!

I am also so thankful for friends. A dear friend kept the littles for me while I took our oldest to the doctor yesterday and when I went to pick them up she had made supper, including us! I couldn't have been more thankful. The adult convo was honestly just what I needed to finish the week.

3 comments:

Becky said...

Hang in there sister! When he stops traveling so much, you need to take a weekend for yourself.

Felicia said...

Gotta love Skype!!! I'm sure those were some happy kiddos when he got back home!

Nicole said...

Thank you for your kind comment, you truly heard me for exactly for what I was meaning to say! Sometimes people pretend like they have it all and it is ok to say you dont!
Have a wonderful week!