Monday, April 1, 2013

The Blizzard after skiing

I am obviously behind.
Upon leaving NM on Sunday we knew the northwestern part of Oklahoma was in a blizzard warning. We were not ready to leave NM but since we had to leave we were anxious to get home and not get stuck in any type of bad weather. The sky began looking scary about 3 hours from home but thankfully we made it.
The next couple of days were rough. We lost power for over 24 hours, our house got down to a chilly 52degrees and by the end of it we had been together for 7 days straight. We made the best of it. With lit candles at night, we played lots of games and the next day we made a blanket fort and played more games. By Tuesday it wasn't snowing anymore but I couldn't let the kids go play in the snow when they didn't have a warm house to come inside to. Although when I went outside to plug my phone in my car I thought it was warmer in the sunshine than it was in the house but I couldn't take chances.


B1 and B2 went all out making a snowman.



my kids were only really into eating the snow.


1 comment:

Becky said...

I'm sure our snow was nothing compared to NM snow. 24 hrs with no power is tough though. I would've wanted to stay hidden in the car for a while.