Thursday, June 11, 2009

The Big Reveal!!!

So I went for my OB COMPLETE ultrasound last Wednesday!!! Ryan and Brandon had Cub Scout daycamp (a post about that coming soon!) so he wasn't able to be with me. I asked my very best friend from college, Deb, to go with me though and it was nice! We ate Bueno (our favorite) beforehand and then shopped a little Target while waiting for appointment time.

Here are pictures of our baby


sweet baby profile!


sweet little foot!

another profile shot...I have to make a confession here. After having 2 out of 3 thumb-sucking sons I had a small meltdown when I thought little baby was sucking the thumb. The sonographer politely (although I am sure irritated) informed me that the thumb was resting on the nose. oooops!

OK, little baby is working on sucking that thumb. That hand has moved down significantly. By this point, the sonographer thought I was insane. (she apparently never had a thumb-sucking child.)

and finally..........
we, the Kelley's, parents of three handsome sons are having a baby
GIRL!

Ryan and I are still sort of in a state of shock. We planned on another boy. We certainly have the clothes and not to mention experience of raising boys, but God has other plans for our family. We are getting excited though. It's almost impossible not to with Brandon who says all the time, "FINALLY I am having a baby sister." His enthusiasm really is contagious. The next big to-do is selecting a name. My dear friend Deborah, who accompanied me at my ultrasound loaned me 3 baby name books. I am certainly thankful to her for them but just looking at them for longer than a few minutes overwhelms me. My aunt and my mom have already bought adorable girly accessories and clothes. oh my!

2 comments:

Felicia said...

lol your story about the thumb sucking was pretty funny. But, I totally understand your concern. I was a thumb sucker until I was in the 2nd grade! Which is also why now I have jacked up teeth and want braces. The way I cured, was mainly because I wanted too, but I started wearing wooly gloves to bed. The taste is so bad it basically made me stop. Now if my mom had put them on my hands, I probably would have just pulled them off, but since I wanted to quit, I think that's why I did! Good luck!

Jenny said...

Yay, I'm so happy it's a girl! Can't wait to hear the name you pick for her.