Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Princess Baby update!

I went to the doc today! I am always super excited and anxious to hear baby girl's heartbeat. She was not pleased with the doppler that was chasing her all over. I suppose she felt her personal space was being invaded. Anyway, after kicking me a few times she finally settled and allowed the nurse to take it. It was 148 bpm! She kicked me once it was taken off my stomach, for good measure. The doc came in after and she had good news and bad news... bad news is that I cannot go to Arkansas in late September to a B&B that the adults in my family were going to meet at. Ryan was going to get me tickets to see Taylor Swift in Little Rock while we were there that weekend but doc said it was too close to D-day and too risky. I was bummed but then we talked about when the princess would arrive. She is going to induce the week of October 19! EEEEEEEEE! It seems like far away but I cannot believe it's already July so I know it will be here before we know it!
Next appointment is July 29 and I will take the dreaded glucose test.....BLAH! I am not excited about that but I will get to hear sweet baby girl's heartbeat and we'll be one more month closer to meeting her!
We leave TOMORROW for vacation!!!! I am sooooooooo excited and soooooooooo ready to lounge in the hammock! I actually went and bought a swimsuit today. This is a first for me, I have NEVER in the last three pregnancies swam but I figured it would be pretty hot and I may need to cool off. We'll see though. I didn't actually buy a materity suit since I knew this would be the last baby I have but I got one that will work, a tankini that is a little loose.

Happy 4th of July to everyone!!
God Bless the USA!

2 comments:

Felicia said...

sounds like you had a good appointment! That stinks about not getting to go to a B&B and watch Miss. Swift! Have fun on your vacay!

Jenny said...

Yay for getting to meet your baby girl a few weeks early! How was your vacation? Did you have a good time and did you wear the bathing suit? You're more than half way through your pregnancy, it's time for some baby bump pics.