Friday, September 10, 2010

School is for Everyone!

CDO (children's day out) at our church started Thursday and this year we are all going!

Blaine is in the 3's/4's class with his good friends, Cayson, Benton and Nathan and is so excited about his friends and teachers!

Cayson and Blaine

Ms. Kay, Blaine and Ms. Amy

Britton is in 2's with Ms Alline, Blaine's teacher from last year and Ms. Julie. Just like last year, and completely opposite of Blaine's class, the girls outnumber the boys! I don't think Britton minds though because when I mention one of the girls' names he lights up!! He is a ladies man.

Britton in class and already playing.
I couldn't even get him to smile, there was no way that I was going to get him to stand next to his teachers!


I am in bed babies with Gracie and Taryn, the daughter of my good friend Sarah, is my teaching partner. We have 6 babies, ranging from 8 months old (Miss Taryn) to 14 months old. It is definitely an adventure!

our girls being little rebels during naptime!
Taryn pulled her blankets down and Gracie was peeking out!
we laughed so hard and grabbed our cameras!

The main reason I agreed to teach this year is to help ease my attachment to Gracelyn. As I have stated and many people know, she and I are a package deal. This environment allows her to play with other little ones while I am still there and gives me time with another adult. Thursday went so well for her. She was absolutely content playing all morning long. It wasn't until afternoon when she was exhausted and ready for a nap, that she wanted to be held. I was extremely proud of her!

within of minutes of being in the room, she and Taryn had cleared the shelves!

snack time!

Gracie, Taryn and Charlee (Ms. Amy's daughter) eating lunch!

It's going to be a fun year. Sarah commented how much the babies will grow in the next year. I cannot believe they will all be so close to turning 2 then.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Glad everyone had a good time the first day. Hope it continues going well.

Felicia said...

That sounds like fun!! Enjoy it!