Sunday, November 7, 2010

Britton's 3rd Birthday

We celebrated Britton's 3rd birthday this weekend! His birthday isn't until November 27 but we had it early, before the weather was too cold.
Britton has quite an interest in tractors, okay, he LOVES them, so a local farm was the perfect place for the party. When I messaged my friend, who is the daughter of the owner, to reserve it she said it would be better to have it sooner, rather than closer to his party when the tractors will have been sitting for awhile. That was fine by me because his birthday is less than a month from Christmas. So this actually made it seem like I had plenty of time and I wasn't rushing to throw a party while still prepping for the holidays.
Britton and his friends, I actually think everyone had a blast! The barn was warm, the heater worked great! They brought a goat in to talk to Britton and sing him happy birthday. That thing was so loud and just kept "maa-ing" and Britton just kept yelling at it to be quiet. Then we went on a hayride down to the pumpkin patch, which Britton got to help drive the tractor. We had delicious cupcakes, opened gifts and before leaving the kids enjoyed a train ride and fed the animals. There was so much that we didn't get done simply because of time and the little ones were all so worn out. I'm pretty sure the adults were worn out too!
Britton isn't one to always show his emotion but he smiled and talked a lot yesterday about how much fun he had and ended up naming everything, at some point in the day, as his favorite activity!


1 comment: