Wednesday, February 16, 2011

My Little Valentines

All 4 kids had a party Monday but I was THAT mom who didn't have her camera for any of them, except one. (which actually was the best, I'll explain in a sec.) And I didn't get pics of the little boys in the V-day shirts.
Immediately following Britton's class party at CDO, Ryan had to pick him up because he was sick. Blaine had a fun party and he made me a card (which are just the best!) Gracelyn's CDO class enjoyed bananas thanks to one of her classmates mom. Those babies love bananas!
Regarding Brandon's party...Back after the Christmas party, which I had to miss because of sick kids and Ryan was out of town, I promised my saddened son that I would be at his next party no matter what. Well all of his parties have always been on Fridays. But not this one. Since Valentines Day was on Monday the party was on Monday as well. Mondays are CDO days so B1 came home saddened again because he knew I had to work. This was at least 3 weeks ago in the making. I didn't say anything to him but asked my boss and coworker if they minded if I left a little early. They said yes so I showed up Monday, him still not having any idea that I was going to be there. The that spread across my oldest son's face was just awesome! I love that boy!
I wasn't able to catch his first reaction to seeing me but this smile is pretty darn close!
It totally made my day.

my Valentine-ette!

one of the valentines from one of his friends was building a paper airplane.
He was concentrating hard.
and in the meantime his sister was eating his snacks...

G wiping her hands

Big bro let his shake his candy to entertain her.

By this point, we'd been there 30 minutes, she had warmed up to the room and wanted to run around, not sit and not take a picture.

That night I made a family favorite, everyone's except mine, meatloaf and then we watched a movie and the kids opened up some treats from mom and dad!
*my camera had been messed with by one or more of my little Valentines and I didn't have time once I realized this to properly adjust. such is life.
My little Valentines!
I love them so much.
Britton was not feeling well at all by that evening. He was running a 102.7 temp when I picked him up from Ryan's office after Brandon's party so he changed into his jammies when we arrived home.
Since Britton was in his jammies, Blaine wanted to be in his jammies.
Blaine and Brandon

Gracelyn checking out her goodies.
I love how she just lifted her leg up so easily.

Britton and his new watch

this cracks me up. G just dumped her bag out and surveyed her trinkets.
Then she was looking over at Britton's to check his stuff out.

modeling her new purple shades!

my card from my oldest, including a rose petal!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

That's so great that you were able to surprise Brandon at his party like that. He looks so big and grown up in that picture on your sofa.
Guess what? I made the same thing for our Valentine's dinner...meatloaf, and I made homemade baked mac n cheese too.