Friday, May 1, 2009

little visitor

We had a little bitty (adorable) visitor for the day today! My niece, Kenzee, who is almost 2 months old came to stay with us for the day. I was excited to watch her because I don't get to love on her often but I was also worried how Britton would do. In the past, he has never been happy to see me holding another baby. I thought this would be great though to see how the boys did all day with a baby in house, sort of a practice run before they are big bros in November. Blaine did awesome (really just as I expected!!) He was such a little helper, bringing what I needed and some things I didn't need but he always meant well. Britton, to my surprise, did really well with Kenzee. He wasn't pleased to wake up to find her in the house but it didn't take him long and he was comforting her and tickling her (although she had no interest) and even kissing her! That was a total shock but I was very happy! Brandon was excited to come home from school and find her there. He loved on her and gently bounced her in the bouncy seat (which I cannot say the same with Blaine and Britton.) Brandon and I had to constantly watch while Kenzee was in the bouncer because Blaine would have flung her out with how hard he pushed back and then let go. Poor girl! Needless to say I was pleasantly surprised at how my boys did today. Although, with that said, I am glad I have 7 months before baby #4 comes along.

Britton tickling her and as you can tell she isn't interested.

Britton always had to check on her.

I love this next picture. Kenzee is not a happy camper and Britton is trying to cheer her up with his cars and he is standing on his tip toes to see her better!

KISSES and LOTS of them!


Britton was laughing because Kenzee was smiling at him. It was so cute!

I love the way Kenzee is looking at Blaine and Blaine is holding her face! So sweet!

I wanted to get a picture of Kenzee by herself but the boys would not leave her alone. They just wanted to love on her!

2 comments:

SarahJarnagin said...

Those pictures are awesome!!!! Maybe Britton will adjust well when Baby 4 comes! Sounds like he will make a great big brother!

Felicia said...

Oh I hope you have a GIRL! Those boys would be so protective over her you would never have to worry!