Monday, July 26, 2010

Cub Scout Day Camp 2010

yes cub scout day camp was the first week of June and it's now the final week of July and I'm just now blogging it. mother of the year, right here... yeah right.
Ryan doubled as a sponsor as well as the camp photographer. The camp lasted 5 days and he took the camera 4 of the days, because one day I took it to Gracelyn's PT. With over 200 pictures I am finally getting around to sorting them and finding ones of just Brandon.
The theme this year centered around the centennial celebration of scouting. Just like last year, Brandon had a blast, despite the intense heat!
his group, the drovers.
he's the one with his Boston cap under his bucket cap.
he does not like those hats (and I completely agree!)

He shot sling shots... (yellow bandana)

bow and arrows... (bandana and blue hat)

bb guns... (blue hat)

ate food prepared around a campfire, "not near as good as what we make while camping" is what he informed me when I asked him what he made...

making biscuits on a stick...

played games...

the object of the game is to run around and pull other people's bandanas from their belt while keeping your own.

learned about safety and just had an all-around good time with friends!

the local fire department came out and sprayed the boys with water to cool them down. a few boys got sick during the week from lack of hydration.

No comments: