Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas with Mimi and Pappy

On Christmas Eve morning we left my dads house and headed to my moms. It was the first Christmas that we have celebrated with my stepsisters in a few years so it was a full house but very fun! Unfortunately we forgot to take a picture.
The kids had a blast, as they always do at Mimi and Pappy's house. We all do. They were given way too much and we ate way too much.

Gracelyn received 2 pairs of shoes, 1 pair was some Twinkle Toes which are her most favorite pair of shoes now, a fisher price record player (a flashback to my childhood!) and a little purse with gloves in it
we were trying to get her to notice the lights on her shoes but she was too busy

Britton and Blaine both received costumes, Britton, a spiderman and Blaine, a Buzz Lightyear. Britton got a little racecar track and Blaine got some shirts and walkie talkies.












In addition to the toys that I've touched on that the three young ones received they each received a musical instrument. (I've teased my mom, asking her what I did to deserve that and even reminded her that I gave her a granddaughter that she can have tea parties with.) There are 2 things my kids love, dressing up as superheroes and making music. We have 5 guitars, 2 microphones, 2 drums, maracas, a recorder...
and now we have a keyboard, on a stand, with a stool and headphones/microphone...
a saxophone, that does not have a volume control...
and a tambourine, that is a hit with Miss Gracelyn. She enjoys accompanying the boys in their music/noise!
As much as I tease my mom about giving them noise makers, it really is teasing. Musical instruments don't really bother us, it's one time that they are actually getting along, singing together and with so many instruments, they don't fight over them and they play in the playroom most of the time.

Brandon received shirts, another Barnes and Noble giftcard(!!) a math cube game, drawing book, a watch and a spy video gadget watch. I love the picture on the right of B1. He is so handsome and you can see his dimple! He'd be very embarrassed if he knew I mentioned that.












The little boys also received a Little Tikes teeter totter with a flat center that gives little sis a chance to join in the fun!
Brandon is playing with his spy watch, videoing the boys, in this picture.

1 comment:

SarahJarnagin said...

What fun!!! It looks like ya'll had a great Christmas! Do the boys love their teeter totter?