We are all under the weather and it's looking like it will last through Christmas.
Brandon's had a horrible, and I mean HORRIBLE cough for over 4 weeks. The first week the doc just prescibed a cough syrup, then week 2, without doing a chest xray, diagnosed him with bronchitis and gave him an anitibiotic which did nothing. The third week he was still coughing and the doc called in another cough med, none of touched the coughing a bit. When he was still hacking the weekend before this last one, I called the doc Monday and they couldn't get him in (even though this has been a persistent cough lasting FOUR weeks now) until this coming Tuesday! I had no choice but to take him to the ER this last Friday and after a chest xray, the doctor and radiologist diagnosed him with pneumonia in his lower left and right lungs. fantastic. His lungs looked awful and he sounds equally as bad. They gave him a breathing treatment while we were there and it helped a lot. He in now on a steroid, an antibiotic and cough syrup with codeine. He just cannot seem to shake this cough though, I am really afraid that he is going to end up in the hospital.
Brandon is the worst off but all of us at our house are ill, just with colds.
I would just love ONE Christmas with no sickness, it just gets more serious each year it seems.
4 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment