Monday, November 16, 2009

1 month milestone

As of today, November 16, Gracelyn Paige is 1 month old. I cannot believe that a month has gone by. It's bittersweet for me because while I am absolutely loving watching her change daily, knowing she is my last little baby makes me cry when I think about it.
When I was pregnant Ryan and I prayed that she would be as good and easy of a baby as Blaine because he was excellent from the time we brought him home until he turned 3 when we entered the "trying threes." Both Brandon and Britton were difficult babies. Brandon didn't sleep until he was nearly 1 year and Britton didn't sleep until he was 14 months and screamed all day long. Gracelyn though is almost as good of a baby as Blaine. She only wakes once in the night, there have been occasional sleepless nights but only a few, she's an excellent eater and even though she is held quite often, she still loves her swing and is content sitting in her bouncy seat.
She is adored by everyone in the Kelley household, except for Blaine. Brandon loves to hold her and Britton loves to give her head wet slobbery kisses and pat her back (a little too hard at times.) Ryan calls her his princess and I call her my sweetpea. Then there's Blaine, he continues to ignore her and act as if she doesn't exist. I think it's a 3 year old thing but I consider it better than him being mean to her.
I am so excited to Christmas shop for her! I have been looking at gift options but forcing myself to hold off for now because I don't even know where to begin and I am going to have to work very hard to control myself!
I will post some pictures of her first month very soon (hopefully tomorrow) but she is asleep so I am forcing myself to go to bed as well!

No comments: