Sunday, May 16, 2010

Britton = toughguy

Britton is 2 and by far our clumsiest boy. He has had the most and the worst bruises and scrapes between all three boys, luckily, to date, no broken bones by any of the boys.
This last week has been the roughest for Britton though. A week from this past Thursday he was hit in the forehead at Mother's Day Out with, I'm not exactly sure what, but it's marble sized. It made a bruise and a week later the bruise is still there on his forehead.
Then Tuesday evening he scraped the top of his hand pretty bad so we have been doctoring it. We never did get an answer as to what he hurt it on.

Thursday afternoon, the boys were outside playing while I was fixing supper and I heard a blood curdling scream. I knew it was Britton and I ran as fast as I could outside (not that I wouldn't have ran as fast as I could with the other boys or Gracie) and I found him in the garage with liquid running down from his eyes. Blaine had sprayed Britton in the eyes with Repel bug spray that apparently had fallen down from a high shelf. Oh.my.word. I was freaking out and that is putting it mildly. I called Ryan and he came racing home. Britton was fine but I had to laugh later because when testing out his sight I couldn't hold up fingers and ask him what number I was showing because he doesn't know them and I couldn't ask colors because he says every.single. thing is blue so I had to ask what was showing in a picture instead.
To cap off the week, Friday, Ryan left for Austin so the kids and I went to my dad's for the night. Gran-Gran was making supper and I was feeding Gracelyn when we heard the loudest, most thunderest noise and turned around to find Britton laying on the floor under the glass top kitchen table. He had been trying to climb up in his booster seat and must have been standing up and slipped and crashed HARD. His eye swelled within minutes and looked nasty.

He would not let me take a picture of him that night
so the first pic I got was the next morning but he refused to look at me.
Picture taken Sunday.
Now his left eye looks to be bruised underneath it.
and here is his hand, which he wouldn't show me when he was awake.

Ryan got back in town this evening and Britton informed him that his new name is "Bruiser" because that's what I have been calling him. Poor boy, I feel so bad for him.

3 comments:

SarahJarnagin said...

Poor Britton! what a tough boy, he is!

Deborah said...

Ha! Matt's grandpa gave Zachary the nickname Bruiser when he was born and he is living up to it! Not quite as well as Britton is though! He is such a tough boy! Glad he is okay!

Jenny said...

Wow, he really looks beat up in that last pic. Noah and Anna have both gotten black eyes so far and hopefully it's their last.