Tuesday, May 25, 2010

cub scout camping

Jackson, Brandon and Nathan

clockwise: Caleb, Jackson, Brandon N., Brandon K. and Daniel

Ryan, Nathan and Blaine
I LOVE Blaine's goofy expression!!



Jackson in the hammock and then the best buds, Jackson and Brandon


Ryan let Brandon take the camera and these pictures below were just a couple of the shots he took!























This past weekend was the annual cub scout camp-out. It's always in May as a sort of wrap-up to the year and a graduation to their new rank. Brandon was a "wolf" this past school year and is now a "bear!"

Gracelyn and I didn't camp the two nights with the boys, I just wasn't ready for her to be outside that much yet, but we went Saturday evening to the promotion ceremony and supper and then back to the campsite to hang out for a bit. (I don't have pictures of the ceremony because I drove in and just met everyone at the pavilion and it was left at the campsite.) It was totally fine though because Ryan had all the kids plus the baked beans he prepared for all the families for the cookout. And it made room for more pictures of the boys being boys!!
He got some great pictures around camp and I had difficulty selecting just a few for the blog. I'm thrilled they had such a great time and I am sad that I missed out.
The boys went fishing, hiking, climbing and just hung out and goofed off and most of all, got d.i.r.t.y. and had a BLAST!

Britton and Blaine with their Mickey Mouse fishing poles,
ready to fish!

Kathy, Jackson's mom, and myself
with the girls, Emily and Gracelyn
(pardon my white-ness, you need shades to shield your eyes!)
Gracelyn thoroughly enjoyed pulling on Emily and her dress!
They laughed so much at each other!!




No comments: