Saturday, November 5, 2011

A month of Thanksgiving

Daily our family is big on thanking each other, other people and especially God in our daily prayers for blessings He has bestowed upon us. Several people are posting things in which they are thankful for on Facebook but being the scatterbrained person that I am, I will not remember daily to post so I'm doing a one time bulk list for the month.

1: I am thankful for a God that forgives and loves me.
2. I am thankful for a husband that works to provide for his family and is the calm to my spazz.
3. I am thankful I am the mom of 3 boys. I remember the anxiety of finding out our first baby was going to be a boy. I was so nervous because I was so girly and knew nothing about boys. I soon found out how boys are so much fun and LOVE their mama!
4. I am thankful to be the mom of a girl. My camping days have lowered since she isn't a fan of the tent! (YAY!) and she brought back all things girly to our household.
5. I am thankful to have a house and heat. Our house is small but it makes us appreciate things and, especially, each other.
6. I am thankful for my mom! I absolutely love her so so much. She was an amazing single mom, was a mom, not a friend to me as I was growing up and now is my absolute best friend. We talk daily and can vent to each other like no one else. She is always there for my family!
7. I am thankful for an eye doctor that is doing everything he can to help ease the pain and discomfort of my severe dry eyes.
8. I am thankful for Diet Coke. stupid, I know, but gets me through some days.
9. I am thankful for time change. I can use all the sleep I can get with 2 early risers, as in 6am every.single.day, in my house.
10. I am thankful for the health of my children.
11. I am thankful for friends.
12. I am thankful to be able to get my hair done regularly. It makes this SAHM's day/week/month.
13. I am thankful for the changing of the seasons. I needed a break from the heat. I love Fall.
14. I am thankful for my Nook. I can read books and my favorite magazines all from it and take it with me in my purse.
15. I am thankful for excellent teachers for all my kiddos this year! Brandon's teacher is young, energetic and challenges him, Blaine's is loving and appreciates his energy, Britton's two teachers are obviously special because he actually talks to them (which says alot!!) and Gracelyn's two teachers are amazing, they read and sing alot, which makes her day!
16. I am thankful for a church that my family loves. We all love going, the kids ask often if it's "church day."
17. I am thankful for a DVR. Sounds materialistic but sadly it's true.
18. I am thankful for my blog. It allows my family to keep up with us and I don't feel the pressure to mail pics. (I am bad about that.)
 19. I am thankful I live in a small town. Never in a million years, growing up in the big city, did I think I would want to live in a small town. But I love it and raising my kids in it.
20. I am thankful for our upcoming week-long anniversary ski trip!! Cannot wait!!
21. I am thankful that our kids are going to be taken care of while we are in Colorado. Even our friends offered to keep Brandon so he won't have to miss school. We are so blessed.
22. I am thankful my husband enjoys cooking and volunteers to when I am not feeling well.
23. I am thankful my kids are loved by people other than their parents. Britton's birthday party was this morning and my parents came as well as good friends.
24. I am thankful for food on the table and prayer from my kids' before we dig in. We never know what they will pray for but it's always sincere to their sweet hearts.
25. I am thankful for my bus (Suburban) that I have to drive in order to carry all of our crew and their necessities.
26. I am thankful for family game time, almost nightly. The laughs and cheers between my kids is awesome and they don't even wait to see who won before asking to play again.
27. I am thankful for pedicures. Love.them!
28. I am thankful for our family's photographer, Rebecca Manney. She took pics of Britton and Gracelyn earlier this week and ran with, played peek-a-boo and entertained them in order to capture their personality for us! She is seriously amazing and we get compliments on the kids' pictures hanging in our house when guests stop by.
29. I am thankful for activities and opportunities for my kids. Brandon is taking basketball lessons being offered by retired and current high school basketball coaches before school twice a week, as well as Scouts and gifted students and reading incentives at school!
30. I am thankful for my life.

Blessings.

1 comment:

Felicia said...

That's a great thankful list!!!