Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Tuesday 10, most of one.

1. I had the absolute best time tonight, seriously, at my very very good friend, Sarah's house. We had initial plans of going out to eat for a much needed girls gab. Her husband, a police officer, was called in early so instead I picked up supper and we ate, in our sweats and me in no makeup and just gabbed in the comfiness of her cozy home. It was a perfect evening for 2 Stay-At-Home-Mamas!

2. The kids are putting together shoeboxes this week for Operation Christmas Child through Samaritan Purse. This Sunday is the collection date and I am so excited to work on this with my kids. It gives them each an opportunity to pack a shoebox for a child, their gender and in their age group and show that child love the same way Jesus did.

This is the video that was played at church Sunday. I was reduced to tears watching those sweet kiddos so overjoyed at such simple things. And my friend Sarah tonight told me that if I print my labels off for the shoeboxes through the website you can find out what country your box is going to. How awesome! We do this yearly and it is so dear to our hearts.

3. I took Britton to a bowling party Saturday. He loved it so now we are taking him bowling over his birthday weekend.
and of course he had to have the green bowling ball.

4. Britton and Gracelyn's pictures by Rebecca are ready and I absolutely love them!



5. Brandon reached 200 accelerated reader points within the first 2 months of school! Thursday he gets to go to the local bookstore for a new free book and to Sonic for a drink! When they started this goal/reward last year none of the kiddos reached it til Spring Break. Brandon was the first one, between all of the 4th and 5th graders in his school, and 2 fifth grade girls followed him a couple of weeks after. He has been waiting patiently for a few weeks now, as patiently as a 9 year old bookworm can wait, and he is so excited!

6. I have tried a few new recipes from pinterest lately. I still haven't quite sat down and figured out my way all around the site but I have the recipe hunting down. Ryan is always leery when he knows I am attempting a new one so I try not to tell him until after he tries it.

7. Blaine came home from school saying a few hurtful sayings to everything Britton told him. I began telling the boys they need to say things to build each other up and encourage them. So far, so good. They still have squabbles, obviously, but it's been sooooo much better.

8. Gracelyn is definitely showing signs of potty-training readiness. We are talking about it and trying to familiarize her and I am psyching myself up.

9.  I'm getting a new Crock-Pot for Christmas and despite my no-appliance-as-gifts-rule, I am excited!

10. Have a blessed week everybody!

3 comments:

SarahJarnagin said...

Yay for a new Crock-Pot! I got mine for Christmas a few years ago and just recently have been using it for nearly all our meals!

After you potty-train G, come on over and work your magic on T. Ha ha!

Felicia said...

Hopefully you will get some crock pot liners in your stocking! LOL! Greg is the same way as Ryan when I try a new recipe. He makes sure I don't invite anyone over! I have yet to try any of the recipes I've found on Pinterest!

Jenny said...

Love those pics of the little ones! They are adorable! I have got to get some pics done of ours soon. It's been so long.