I got sidetracked last night and didn't hit publish and then this morning there was a code error on the post so I had to copy and paste. It's always something. So this is a day late.
1. I am more than halfway finished with my Christmas shopping! I'm usually finished by now but I plan to have it finished by the end of this month. I am completely stumped on what to get my kids though. They don't need anything.
2. Brandon is on the school's academic team and is preparing for their first quiz bowl. He is super excited and I think he's almost ready!
3. Blaine had his 6 week eye check today and the doctor wants him to continue wearing his glasses for a year to allow his eyes to mature and hopefully outgrow the astigmatism.
4. Brandon was wanting to play basketball but the program the YMCA was offering wasn't going to work out with our schedule but some of the high school coaches are offering classes from 6:45-7:45AM on Tuesdays and Thursdays from now until January. Brandon stepped out of his comfort zone (YAY!) because none of his friends are going. He loves it so I figure it's worth it to get up and take him!
5. Gracelyn is such a drama queen. I put her in a new coat and hat Thursday morning and she threw a fit, frowning and telling me "no, mama!" She decided after she got to school and Ms. Midge and Ms. Sue, her teachers, complimented her coat and hat that she liked it and didn't want to take it off.
6. Saturday night while Ryan and I were watching the news we felt an earthquake. A first for both of us. It really was freaky. I went out to check on the dog because people were saying how scary it was to their animals. Yeah...
not Berkeley. I could hear him snoring as I opened the back door and he simply opened his eyes, didn't move a muscle when he saw me. We felt another earthquake Monday night.
7. Ryan and I decided that our upcoming ski trip to celebrate out anniversary will probably be the last ski trip for just the two of us for awhile. Brandon, who has been before, keeps asking when he can go back and Blaine is asking to go too. So in order to make the most of our trip we want to attempt to be in tip-top shape so we can ski as much as possible (think: from lift open time to lift close) So I started back on Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred and boy am I sore. I hope it works.
8. Britton is learning about the first Thanksgiving at school. I was shocked this weekend when I overheard him playing with his cars, pretending they were a boat and he was talking about the Pilgrims. I told his teacher and she was pleasantly surprised to hear it. She said that she never knows how much the kids are listening. I don't always think of Britton as a big boy, as bad as that sounds. He is my baby boy. I know, I know, I will get over it.
9. Gracelyn's vocabulary is expanding!! She is saying more words by the day and it's so cute to hear her. She busted out with "Wal-Mart" a few days ago when we mentioned that we needed to run a few errands. That is not exactly a word on the top of my list but for a girl who wasn't talking much, it's great!
10. I don't have anything else so have a blessed week!!
4 years ago




3 comments:
The Shred does work! I did it for the first time to get in shape for snowboarding and it really helped. Not long before I got pregnant I actually did it for 30 consecutive days and it was actually getting easy!
Ah! I love G's coat! It's soooo cute! You've got to teach her to say "Target" instead of "walmart." Ha ha!
Those earthquakes were crazy! That cracks me up about your dog though! G's coat and hat is so stinkin' cute!!! Where are ya'll going to ski at?
Post a Comment