Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Mini Last Blast, Day 'O Fun, Last Last Blast

all three names by the boys for Monday! I decided since school starts Friday that I wanted to make this week so much fun and start by doing one more big treat with the kids.
We went to the zoo first thing at 8am when they opened, stayed 3 hours before leaving to meet Mimi for lunch, then went to the splashpad, played at Mimi's dentist office, ran a couple of errands for mom and hit up Steak N Shake for shakes before heading home.
The highlight of the day for the boys was feeding the giraffes at the zoo. The kids received buttons that said "I fed a giraffe." Gracelyn's favorite part of the day was seeing her Mimi and going to the splashpad, not surprised, she is my fish.
the turkey was as interested in them as they were in it.
they thought the bear was cute just laying in the water.
obligatory Eagle wingspan pic for my Eagle kids in school
the orangutan was making faces at them and of course they were back
Gracelyn called "Here, Kitty, Kitty" to the lounging tiger. scary.

The giraffe feeding was the highlight of the day.
Brandon feeding.
The man told us giraffes have quite a pull on them to rips the leaves off the boughs but I don't think any of us understood how strong they really are. Some branches were simply pulled right out of our hands. It was fascinating how they wrapped their (incredibly long) tongues around the branch and pulled the leaves off.
Britton's turn!
Blaine's turn

I was surprised Gracelyn got as close as she did. I knew she wouldn't willingly stick out her arm to a wild animal but she didn't cry. Despite their obvious size and long necks, the giraffes were very gentle.
so happy!
I heart these peeps.
Taco Bueno with my beautiful mom/Mimi!

Funny story: the little girl that Gracelyn is staring down, or attempting to, had been looking at Britton. Gracelyn was staking her claim over her big bro. Obviously the little girl wasn't phased in the least. As a side-note, Gracelyn is super attached to Britton right now, she wants what he is drinking and eating and to be with him. She is going to be lonely for the couple of hours he is at school.


Brandon soaked.
fun at Mimi's dentist office. they didn't want to leave.
a favorite at restaurants, shoot your straw wrapper at people, mostly mom.
shake time!!!
the feeling was mutual for me too, except I had to drive back home.
photo booth fun at the zoo!
It was such a fun day with my *little* peeps. They thanked me several times throughout the day and I couldn't have been happier to treat them. I love having fun with them, they are the best little people to hang out with. And thank you to my wonderful mom for spending her lunch break with us!

2 comments:

SarahJarnagin said...

What a fun, fun day! We haven't gotten to feed the giraffes yet... looks like so much fun!

Felicia said...

Gosh, that's a perfect day for me, and I'm not even a kiddo! We recently took Parker to the zoo and I wish we would have fed the giraffes instead of riding the train...oh well!