corny title, I know.
Brandon lost his third tooth! It had been loose since the beginning of summer break and he finally decided after 5 months to go for the gusto and force it out. I cannot imagine that it was hanging by much at this point anyway. He was so excited and quickly informed me that he has another loose tooth which I expect to stay in his mouth until after Christmas.
The tooth fairy gave him a dollar last night, which leads me to a short rant (please forgive me or ignore me if you want.) It is amazing how things have changed since I was a kid, even simple things as the price of teeth! As a kid my teeth were never worth more than 50 cents, the same for Ryan. Brandon has lost three teeth now and he received a buck for each one, which I realize after speaking to several moms that he is getting jipped and that we are cheap. I surveyed some moms from church when Brandon lost his first one because I had no idea how much to give him and they all said anywhere from $2-$3 PER tooth! First of all that almost seems like a get-rich-quick scheme and second, the size of those little teeth are minuscule (hardly worth $3!) So I figure that as long as Brandon gets $1, he is grinning from ear to ear and it means he can go to Sonic during happy hour after school and get his lemon berry slush and still have change to put in Speedy, his turtle bank, all is right in his world. As long as he doesn’t know that he parents are obviously cheap-skates then I am happy.


3 comments:
Yea for Brandon! I bet he is proud of that gap!
You should hear my rant on the tooth losing business - my aunt convinced my grandparents that it was their job to pay my cousins for their pulled teeth - at $5 a pop! I told my granny that I just had 4 wisdom teeth cut out and they could pay me for them. They laughed at me... but, for real? $5 and the parents aren't even payin'?
lol...I'm pretty sure we got a quarter for a tooth in my house growing up. Don't you wonder where this tradition even got started? I mean losing teeth is natural... it will happen whether we paid them or not. :o) I say if Brandon is happy and you have grocery money, then truly all is right!
You cracked me up with that title... You are so funny!
Post a Comment