4 years ago
Thursday, October 8, 2009
move over....we gotta make room... Step 1!
With the addition of baby girl we have to make room and LOTS of it! And Brandon obtaining a roommate was the first step! He actually was excited because it meant sleeping on bunk beds and of course he gets the top bed. Blaine is the new roomie and he wasn't quite as thrilled about the change-up. Ryan and I had been looking at bunk beds, and knowing that Brandon's chest of drawers had had it we would need one of those as well, but had been unsuccessful in our searching. About a month ago, one Sunday Ryan was looking online at new bunk beds and they were just soooo expensive. I jumped on craigslist and found bunk beds with a matching chest of drawers and a toy box for a steal! I emailed the lady to see if she still had them, she did and while I was doing that Ryan was hooking up the trailer. We hit the ATM for the cash and McDonalds for supper and hit the road! It was a crazy, fast-paced, long night but the end result was great! The next night a good friend came over to help Ryan carry all the wood pieces to the bed inside and assemble it. Brandon begged me to sleep on it but I told him that I wanted to Murphy Oil soap it so I did that the next day so he and Blaine could sleep on their beds. Well Tuesday night Brandon was ecstatic but Blaine wasn't quite so enthused. He was in his new bed when suddenly he looked around and started sobbing, telling me that he wanted to sleep in his old bed in his room with Britton . I was a little shocked because who knew that the 2 boys that fight and hit and yell constantly, all.day.long. really love each other that much. Ryan came in and tried to talk him down but he was having no part of the new bed. He grabbed his pillow and dog blanket and marched down the hallway to his old room.Britton was sitting in his crib, staring at the door so when he saw Blaine his little face lit up and he squealed "HI BLAINE!" Blaine's little face lit up as well and they laughed and giggled for 30 minutes after we kissed them goodnight and closed the door. The next night he refused to sleep in his new bed again but come night 3 he informed us over supper that he was going to sleep in his new bed! He whimpered a little at bedtime and I asked him if he wanted anything and he said only his Mickey Mouse. I brought it to him and he hugged him and was content. He is growing up so much! A month later, the bunk beds are still a hit, by both older boys! Even sharing a room is going well... I let Brandon have time to close the door and read or play with Legos or something without a 3 year old interfering and then at night they both go to sleep, although Blaine does not like going to bed before Brandon. He will stay awake until Brandon comes to bed!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment