



she was starting to fuss and after so long I couldn't help but laugh.only now that I am a mother of 4 could I laugh instead of comforting first.
Sunday we went to Edmond for my really good friend Ashley to take newborn pictures of Gracelyn. We had been told by the nurses in the hospital and her pediatrician that she is "spunky" and "feisty" but other than the fact that she will not nurse WITH clothes on and only in one certain position, we really hadn't seen it. She is excellent! Or had been up until Sunday anyway. We began taking pictures at around 2 and didn't finish until after 4:30. As soon as I laid her down for her first picture her eyes popped wide open and that was just the beginning. She was awake, yes, but Ashley was able to snap some shots when she would take long blinks but she cried, a lot, so we had to do more shots with her being held then originally planned. On one pose, she was on her tummy and her bottom was supposed to be in the air....well, she decided to lock her legs straight out, flat out refusing to bend her legs. Ryan said she apparently gets her attitude and strong will from me but I don't see that. He also made the comment as we were finally leaving after a long afternoon of crying and rocking, oh yeah and getting peed on, that we never did such a photo shoot with the boys. Before I could answer he replied, "never mind, I know, she's our princess." I detected a bit of sarcasm but once he saw the pictures he loved them as much as I do!
this is the point in the photo shoot where I laid her down and shesurrendered and went to sleep...finally after 2 1/2 hours!



the original plan was for Brandon to hold her but after the time we had of getting herto cooperate with us, she was asleep and peaceful and we weren't touching her!





2 comments:
I know I've already told you but these pics are precious!
They are beautiful pics Kendra. Love the one of her with all 3 boys and the ones with you holding her on your shoulder.
Post a Comment