Friday, October 23, 2009

our first week at home...

ONE week old!

This week has flown by. I cannot believe that Gracelyn is a week old today...it's bittersweet for me. As I said in my previous post from last night, she is an excellent baby, she only cries when she's hungry! Brandon asks to hold her a few times every day and the younger boys always have to know where she is, at all times, even taking a break from playing to look around to see if she's swinging or in the bouncer or with one of us. If you ask them if they want to kiss her head though you may get a yes or you may get an emphatic "no!" Britton has a beloved blanket that never leaves his side so he thinks Gracie should too, or maybe he is just protecting his in case she grabs it, I cannot decide which. He will go find one of her blankets and bring it to me if I don't already have one with her. For the first couple of days if someone called her Gracie, Blaine corrected them immediately and said that her name was Gracelyn. But now it's the opposite, if you call her Gracelyn, he will tell you that her name is Gracie. We have tried to tell him she can be called either name but he doesn't seem to think so. He is so funny!
Here is Gracelyn's first week in pictures!

actually NOT in pink...



I love the way she is looking up at him! He had been singing to her.

she is sitting on the quilt that Aunt Meleia, my stepsister, made for her! I LOVE it!


We are going on our first outing tomorrow, besides the pediatrician Tuesday, to the SWOSU Homecoming parade to see big bro Brandon march with the cub scouts!!! It is supposed to be a BEAUTIFUL day so I hope it is. Pictures will follow.

3 comments:

Dara Steward said...

Kendra,
She is beautiful! Congratulations on a baby girl. Wow, 3 big brothers... boys will not have a chance with her. I hope you are feeling well and able to get good rest. What a blessing.

Jenny said...

She's is so sweet! I'm glad you finally had a baby girl. You're going to love having a little princess around. Now we both have Gracie's in our family too. Can't wait to see more pictures of her.

SarahJarnagin said...

What precious pictures! I love the quilt your step-sis made her... it's beautiful just like her!