I borrowed this idea from my friend Sarah. She's great and I think the idea is great and will help me out of my blog rut.
It's just a list of 10 goings-on in our family.
1. Our 3 year old and our 4 year old argue over who is going to "camp" in our bedroom floor every night. It makes me feel incredibly guilty to lay down in a bed while one of my offspring is in the floor so most nights I will pick them up, put them in my bed and go sleep in the recliner.
2. I've started planning Gracelyn's 2nd birthday party, in October. If I compare the time-line to her first party, I'm behind considering I began planning before she was even born.
3. Brandon is finally branching out from reading Percy Jackson and reading a new series of books! This is huge people. He's like his mom, he dislikes change.
4. Ryan and I are working to get out of debt using Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace. The process consumes my thoughts probably 95% of the day and night. I am constantly thinking of what we can cut to reach our goal. and BIG thanks (and apologies) to Sarah for listening to me blab on and on and on during CDO.
5. Britton wants to wear jeans and boots. every.single.day.
6. Related to the financial peace class we are enrolled in, we've decided we aren't taking a week-long camping trip this summer. In the next 3 months there will be at least 5 camping weekends for all the boys, including Ryan. I think they will be fine. :)
7. Gracelyn, in the last 2 days has expanded her animal sounds as well as her foods. She can quack, tweet like a bird, and semi neighs like a horse and she finally ate ground beef that was taco filling!
8. On the financial plan (see I told you it absolutely consumes my thoughts now) I plan our menu for 2 weeks at a time. We began our budget at the end of January so last Friday was my third time grocery shopping for 2 weeks worth of meals. Before all this budget I was in a cooking slump, but I am proud to say that in 6 weeks I have NOT cooked the same meal. That is big for me.
9. Blaine has been a mischievous, busy little guy these last several days. He managed to somehow, without dropping a granule, dump an entire box of laundry detergent into the washer, He hid books of Brandon's and boots of Britton's, both serious offenses to the affected. He returned them when his older and younger bro teamed up on him. And he's really aggravating Gracie. to the point that she sees him and she waves to him, as if telling him to go away. (it's hilarious!) Ryan and I think it's his way of getting attention, even if it's negative so we've tread lightly about it so as not to encourage in a way.
10. In contrast to the mentions of our budget...it's Girl Scout cookie time. A time that I cannot resist. I did however resist the urge to purchase multiple cases as I have done in years past.
4 years ago


1 comment:
Yay! I love it! And I do not mind chatting it up at CDO. That's what Monday & Thursdays are all about!
Post a Comment