1. Britton has started telling Gracelyn that she is beautiful. very sweet. He tells her all the time, when she first wakes up, after bathtime and just randomly throughout the day.
2. I have made a vow to start back on Jillian Michael's The Shred workout DVD this week. First it was going to be Sunday but then I stepped wrong off of the porch and Monday night I was just exhausted from a day back at CDO after a whole week off. I thinking/hoping since I have it posted than I will be held accountable.
3. We are pretty sure that Blaine was born to camp (like his dad.) That child asks daily if/when we can go camping. None of the other boys love camping to the extent that Blaine does. Ryan decided that he was going to take Blaine camping, just the 2 of them sometime as their "date."
4. Brandon went to stay with my mom and stepdad (Mimi and Pappy) Thursday and we picked him up Saturday. He and Pappy met Pappy's brother and nephew at the Oklahoma River Saturday for a bike ride. Brandon rode 16 miles!! We were all very impressed with him because he always stops when he first gets tired, at 1-2 miles so this was a huge accomplishment!
5. Since it's been a year since G received the immune-globulin, I received a questionnaire from the botulism treatment center with questions pertaining to Gracelyn's developments after her diagnosis. Some freaked me out. I read all the papers given a year ago that listed possible side effects but when I saw the list asking if my child had developed: epilepsy, autism, bell's palsy,neurological condition and several more, it just brought it all back. I have worried about the last one the most over the last year. I worry about Gracelyn on a daily basis even though I see and admit that she acts like all my kids did at her age.
6. I cooked twice with ground turkey this past week and Ryan and the kids didn't notice and even raved about the dishes. I got it for the same price as I would have the beef. I'm all for the healthy, while my guys don't really care.
7. Ryan and I expand our garden every.single.year. And this year is no different. This year, my husband, for the first time, wants to plant green beans and CAN them. Oh boy. It's funny how the garden started out with fun stuff, like okra (for frying), squash (for frying and baby food) and tomatoes and jalapenos (for salsa). Then we added new potatoes and green peppers, cucumbers, pumpkins, watermelon tried out corn and now we're talking green beans, beets (blek!), onions, and possibly even broccoli.
8. We are pretty sure Gracelyn is still fighting the ear infection from last Tuesday. She was on Zithromax and ended Saturday but it still works up to 5 days after. I'm praying it does because sweet girl isn't sleeping.
9. Before we can plant anything in the garden, Ryan has to build a fence around it. Our squash vines haven't produced the last two years and tomatoes didn't last year. We suspect it was because of the dog but with the fence we'll know if it was him or bugs.
10. I'm so excited for Biggest Loser tonight! I love that show and I must confess that while I watch it, I eat. It's insensitive, I know. Our Education Minister at church is the same way. In fact, on Mondays at CDO we talk about what we are planning on eating Tuesday night. The preacher overheard us one day and gave us a hard time and even mentioned us (without naming names) in his sermon one Sunday.
4 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment