Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Tuesday 10!

another week, another 10...

1. Beginning this past weekend, as of now, we don't have a "free" weekend til sometime in July. With cub  scout activities and camp-outs, Brandon's birthday and camp-out, Easter and then baseball practice and games...I'm tired just thinking about it.

2. Blaine has a Veggie Tales watch that we gave him for Valentines Day. That watch is a prized possession of his. He wears it daily and will tell you the time digit-by-digit ("seven five seven") cute, cute! His class is having "show and tell" Thursday and Ryan and I won't be surprised if he takes his watch to show and tell.

3. Gracelyn is quite the bully these days. She snatches things from her brothers, leaving them in tears and we ate supper with friends Sunday and she jumped in their son's Little Tyke car before he could and gave him the "talk to the hand motion" along with a simple shout. At school she has show-downs and stare-downs. God knew what He was doing when he gave us three boys and only one girl.

4. The Revival at church is absolutely incredible. There is a noonday service while serving a light lunch and evening services. Tomorrow is the last noonday and evening service. God is working in many lives, including my 8 year old's, which for this mom and dad is awesome to see.

5. I blogged before that I was undergoing iron infusions. I received two infusions and then the doc ordered a CBC where we learned that my hemoglobin has made no progress. The iron administered directly into my blood stream didn't work. Back to a hematologist I go.

6. Brandon announced to us this weekend that for his 16th birthday all he wants is to go to Boston for a Red Sox game. Although Ryan and I informed him that we were pretty sure he'd change his mind to something with 4 wheels, he quickly replied no. Sign me up, sounds great to us!

7. Our black Lab, Berkely, is 7 years old and since he was a puppy it's not uncommon to find chewed up objects in the backyard, shovels and all of the other toys, fruits and veggies from our garden, the bottom of the slide on the swingset, the entire leather off of a baseball, you name it, we found it. Everyone we talked to about him assured us that "he'd grow out of it." Well, he has not grown out of "it", he has however opted to feast upon items right in front of our faces. We were all outside when he grabbed a baseball glove from the outside toy box, he swiped Gracelyn's paci that she dropped while swinging (the boys found it later and it was disgusting) and most recently and humorously he hijacked Britton's Sonic cherry slush right from under his nose and devoured the whole thing. B3 was devastated. Berkeley is played with every day but apparently it's not good enough.

8. Britton is quite the helper. He helps with Gracie, brings me clean diapers for her, turns the tv and lights off when we're leaving, buckles himself in his carseat, folds washcloths and towels for me, sets the kitchen table. It sounds as if we are slave drivers but he honestly WANTS to do it ALL and gets very upset with his brothers who want to help him.

9. Parent/Teacher conference is today! It's uncommon in years past for me to put an exclamation point after that sentence but not this school year. Finally, in third grade, Brandon has a great teacher, one that treats ALL the kids equally, not favoring any. She cares about the students, sends homework home nightly (which is rare from what I hear from talking to other third grade parents about their teachers,) is pretty strict (which I appreciate) and is still loving to her students. Brandon absolutely loves her. He slips up and calls me his teachers name quite often. That's never happened before. Ryan and I prayed diligently after his teacher last year had such a vendetta against him and God answered our prayers for a wonderful teacher this year!!

10. We are so beyond ready for Springtime. Ryan and I have been planning our garden, I cannot wait for fresh veggies.

Have a super week!

No comments: