Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Tuesday 10

It's been almost a week but there is a lot going on with school wrapping up Wednesday and summer activities, namely baseball, starting so I thought I could easily fill out 10 little tidbits of our current goings-on.

1. Brandon's baseball season is in full swing following a 2 day tournament in Kingfisher this past weekend. The boy is having a blast and doing so so so well. He was paired with a longer bat and now is hitting to the fence! Brandon is also excelling at his position of catcher. We are very proud.

2. Our veggie garden is starting to blossom. Ryan and I are about to begin waking up at 5AM (yes in the morning) to work in it. The heat and the bugs, oh and the kids just make the task last a lot longer in the evenings, so we figure this will actually work better for us. We'll see... I'll let you know how long I last. :)

3. Brandon is attending a Christian sports daycamp Wednesday evening (his last day of school)-Saturday of this week. I'm really excited for him. In middle school when I ran track I attended an FCA sports camp in Stillwater and it was one of the best camps I went to.

4. Thanks to Jake and the Neverland Pirates on Disney channel, Blaine is in full pirate mindset these days. On the last day of CDO one of his classmates gave each friend pirate goody bags. It's been so much fun for him. He excitedly told me that he was set for Halloween. Fingers, toes, eyes crossed that the goodies last that long.

5. Britton has become extremely clingy over the last few weeks and only to me. I love that boy dearly but with 4 kids, Ryan and I just have to each grab 2, especially in a hurry, which we usually are, so if Britton doesn't get paired with me...be prepared for a meltdown. A good friend reminded me that Brandon used to be like that around this age too.

6. Brandon's Ensemble group performed their final concert last night. It was a camping theme so it was right up our alley. Brandon loaned his tent as a stage prop and our trekking poles too. There was a reception afterward with cookies and punch. Gracelyn made good friends with the school secretary and while we were back taking down the tent, Ms. Nancy sweetened up our sweet girl.
Brandon is the front in the canoe. His BFF Jackson is behind him.
B1, third from the left, playing the drums for "Going on a Bear Hunt."
co-narrator for "Snipe Hunt."
receiving his medal from his teacher and certificate from the superintendent.
the group!
G very much enjoying her cookie and of course since she had one the boys had to have one as well.

7. Gracelyn is just an all-around goofball lately. I took this picture of her on the last day of CDO. I asked her to smile and this is what she gives me...

8. I have yet to get a picture of me with my kiddos that I planned to take on Mother's Day because at least one of us has been sick every Sunday since Mom's Day. I WILL get a picture this Sunday, even if we are in our jammies.

9. With a procedure next Tuesday, a liquid diet beginning this weekend and the daily mental/physical tolls with toddlers and our Dave Ramsey program and just life in general, I have been listening to Matthew West's Strong Enough quite often.
I just have to say that I honestly have no idea how people make it in parenting, marriage, in life without God. Just for me personally, He is my Rock.

10. Embarrassingly enough, Gracelyn's birthday gifts have been purchased (a kitchen and monogrammed apron) and her birthday isn't until October. I couldn't pass up the amazing deal I got on the kitchen and my friend had a 31 party so I went ahead and bought the apron.

No comments: