Saturday, July 9, 2011

The end of an era

At the risk of being dramatic, it's the end of another stage of baseball for our B1. He played 2 years of T-ball and has now completed his third year of coach pitch. Because of his late April birthday, we decided to give him one more year before moving up with the older kids and we think we made a great decision. He grew so much as a ball player.

Today, in the 113* heat was the championship game. We lost the coin toss and were visitors. Now that usually discourages the boys, but not today. They scored 2 right off the bat then scored some a few more each inning, keeping the lead the entire game, until the last inning when they lost by 1 run. I think the miserable triple digit heat got to them. The boys played their hearts out, they really did. We were all so proud of them.
warming up.
 
 I had no trouble keeping my kids around me today, in the shade, so I was able to give drinks of water often.

Brandon was 3 for 3 today!! He's been in a major mental slump so today was HUGE!
 

had to hurry back to 3rd. I told Ryan he reminds me of a gazelle in this pic, such long legs.


pep talk from Coach Dyer
 

trophy from head coach Reherman
the team applauding for the 1st placers.
 
They are the runners-up but total winners to all of us out there sweating and cheering our hearts out.
last huddle. also planning our end-of-the-season party
Way to go Red Sox!!!

1 comment:

SarahJarnagin said...

Yay! Sounds like they had a great game! I'm so happy for Brandon and his hits!