Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy Fourth of July!

i love my kids so much. I told Ryan you'd think we poked them with smoldering pokers to get them to smile. (we don't) Apparently it's so torturous.
my girl.

Our celebration of Independence Day this year was very low key, unlike many other years, but fun nonetheless. We were able to enjoy each other so much. We started out the day at the local splashpad, which I totally feared would be packed due to the holiday.But I was wrong, it wasn't at all. We were the only ones there for over 30 minutes of the hour that we were there! It was awesome!
B1 asked his dad to hold him up closer to the huge bucket that dumps water.
I call G a "hit and runner." She slaps at the water but doesn't stop and really play in it.
B3 is subtle water player. He stands back and puts his hands in it and loves for me to swing his legs through the water coming up.
B2 waiting for the smaller bucket to dump. Right after the pic he turned and asked why it wasn't and right after that it did.
This pic pretty much sums it up. Ryan and Brandon are ready for the big bucket. Blaine isn't too sure in Ryan's arms, Britton is back out of the way and G is next to me.
Miss G
We came home, took naps and played around outside. Then the fam devoured the pork shoulder I cooked in the crockpot all day that I shredded for pulled pork sandwiches before heading to some friend's house to watch fireworks.
up.to.something.
just because her name has "grace" in it, doesn't mean she has it.
the little ones were all in position, ready for "dad's pic"

Have a blessed week!

2 comments:

Felicia said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful 4th! Gracelyn's hair is getting so light! And your camera did a great job of capturing those fireworks!

Jenny said...

Looks like so much fun! Wish we had a splashpad around here. We could use one of those.