Thursday, September 8, 2011

Back to/Starting School, Pt 2

"School" or CDO (children's day out) started back today! This is Britton's third year but really it's Gracelyn's first because she was with me last year. Last year it was more like she was going with me to a playdate because she played with friends but certainly didn't nap.
Britton was totally excited about today. He came into my room this morning exclaiming that it was his and Bubby's (his pet name for G) first day of school. Gracelyn really had no idea, except that she was going to see "Ms. Sue." Ms. Sue is her Sunday School teacher as well as her CDO teacher and Gracelyn loves Ms. Sue.
The kids had a great day. Blaine actually comes after he gets out of Pre-K since I am teaching again this year and he joins Britton's class. He's really only there for a little bit of recreation then lunch and naptime.
Britton was very proud of his crafts that he colored today, a school bus and watermelon and Gracelyn napped well(!) ate well(!) and made a handprint craft! Ms. Sue told me that her class was the best they've had in awhile. And being next door to them last year, I believe her. Gracelyn's class all got along and walked very nicely (holding onto their circles) to the gym, which is a very long walk.

Britton and Gracelyn ready to go!
on her way to class, the buggy that took her and her friends to the gym last year was in the hall. She wanted to go for a ride. She got to ride last year, this year she has to walk.
on her way to class!
and she sees Ms. Sue and walks right in.

within minutes she got a book and suckered Ms Midge into reading to her. Ellie listening too!
Britton on his way to class!
Ms. Julie, one of his teachers from last year saw him and snatched him up!
no "bye" (from either child.) He saw Cayson and was off!
I saw Gracelyn in the gym and she and her pals got comfy on the sofa outside the youth minister's office.
As soon as Courtney (my teaching partner) brought out the buggy for our babies, the toddlers were so excited and ran, jumped in and pretty much sat in their seats from last year. It was hilarious!
because I teach next door I peeked to see for myself G napping. Her teacher told me in passing in the hall that all the kids laid down well. I have been very nervous about her napping on a napmat.
G loves her napmat and carried it to the car.


Two successful first days of school! YAY!!

2 comments:

SarahJarnagin said...

What great pictures! I loved G's dress today! So cute! I am dying laughing about our "babies" all climbing into the buggy. That is hilarious.

Felicia said...

G is so adorable I almost can't stand it! Glad she napped well for her teacher!