Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Tuesday 10

1. Brandon is such a great big bro and as proof I took a picture tonight, not the best pic, but a pic nonetheless.
reading Blaine (on the other side of B1) his library book and G joined them.
2. Blaine is absolutely in LOVE with "I Love Lucy." I was up watching tv while not being able to sleep one night and discovered several in a row. I couldn't finish them so I recorded one. The next day Blaine watched it with me and was hooked! So, we now have a season pass set up for "I Love Lucy" and we watch it every afternoon. What's even better is he asks me daily is if the upcoming episode is a "new one." He has such a great hearty laugh.

3. Last Wednesday I took Britton and Gracelyn to storytime at the local library. When Brandon was a young tot we went to pretty much all events for kids and then with Blaine as well. Once I had more kids than I had arms we slowly stopped going as much. So I was so excited to go and take the littlest 2 and meet my good friend Sarah there.

after the story the kiddos were treated to a snack and then colored. G and her BFF Taryn!
their bros admiring their work.
4. Sunday was my first Sunday with the 4's at church. I am so excited to be with Blaine since I taught Brandon was he was around Blaine's age. We had 7 boys out of 9 kids, which was quite an adventure but we retreated to the playgrund to allow them to run off their energy.

5. Ryan gave me a break from cooking Friday (I'm pretty sure he could tell I needed a break, everyone could) Anyway it was spur of the moment so we didn't get a sitter but it was fine. Our kiddos (they are far from perfect, I assure you) do well in public, especially restaurants, we think it has to do with them liking food so well! Regardless I was very happy with not having to cook
afterward, with full bellies, next to the gas pumps, replicas of an old station on Rt. 66
6. Brandon and I, as part of our date on Sunday watched Soul Surfer. It was so good. I was crying before the shark attack. Brandon asked me if we could get it to keep at home.

7. Ryan accompanied Blaine on his class field trip last Friday to the county fair. Blaine was expecting rides but unfortunately for him this was more of a farm fair. Blaine, being my most easy-going child was fine with the unexpectedness and was quite excited to tell me about tractors, chickens, goats, cows and of course the bus ride to get there sitting next to his buddy Nate. I asked Ryan to take pics before they left that morning but I still didn't expect him to. He took a few so I was quite happy to get those!


8. I got a letter in the mail last week that Blaine had not passed a couple of areas of his vision screening at school. He goes to the eye doc in about a week for further testing. So we'll see. I feel so bad that we are just finding this out.

My computer crashed as I was almost finished with my list previously and of course it didn't save, so this is all I can remember. This just all fits right in with how life is right now.
Have a great week!

1 comment:

Felicia said...

I LOVE going to public libraries and can't wait to begin taking Parker to them as well. He's so rambunctious that I don't think he'll do well at a story hour so I'm holding off for now. Glad to hear that she enjoyed it!