Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Tuesday 10, already??

WOW, the past week flew by and, funny enough, the list of to-do activities I posted at the bottom of last week's never happened, except for swimming.

1. We joined my best friend Sarah at the library last week for a presentation by the OKC Zoo. The naturalist brought a Screech Owl. It was a nice program that all 4 of my kids enjoyed.
G in a headlock by B2 = entertainment for the girl in front.
The kids enjoyed the show but enjoyed getting books just as much...
best buds, Cayson and Britton
my mature 5 year old with The Taj Mahal

2. Brandon got a great surprise in the mail...
Kevin Durant on the cover of his Boys Life magazine. It was a great article and he plans to "keep it forever" or until his sibs destroy it, whichever comes first.

3.  I started back mowing the lawn this past week. I mowed up until I was pregnant with Gracelyn. I love it. Gracelyn was my helper and apparently, in her eyes, worked just as hard as I did.
She earned a popsicle and after I took her pic she pointed to the grass, so we took a pic of our hard work

4. I am in the planning stages of Blaine's SIXTH birthday. Gosh, it's so hard for me to think of him more than "one hand." In true Blaine fashion, he asked for a "Knight in Shining Armor party." Shocker! Shields, swords, knight masks and little boys atop the fort Ryan made is what will go down to celebrate the big 6 year old in a few weeks! I can't wait!

5. Speaking of my soon-to-be 6 year old, he is my least cuddler. So when he awoke first from nap and chose to sit with me, then threw his legs over mine, I was in heaven. Even if it was for only a few minutes. I will take it!
and of course I had to get proof since it is so rare.
6. It's no secret that we practically live at the ballpark. This season is so fun and special to me though because Brandon is in his first year of peewees and Blaine is in his first year of Tball. It's learning all around! I love firsts and I love being a baseball mom. I feel (and look) like a packhorse but I wouldn't trade it for anything as long as my kids are loving what they are doing.
mom and her baseballers (B2's word)
bat girl.
my view from the stroller into the ballpark, ready for gametime!

7. To help Brandon get a little stronger, Ryan has Brandon on a little league workout program. They seriously have those. This is what I came home to yesterday...

and yes, Brandon has a mohawk. pick.your.battles. I'm still learning and struggling.

8. We are in an extreme heatwave in OK
Our A/C, 'ol Bessie as I like to call her, is struggling to keep going. We are on the waiting list for a new unit. The guy told Ryan maybe 2 weeks. Ahhh! Lots of swimming and popsicles around here, which the kiddos are loving. Oh and eating out to avoid heating up the house.

That's all I got. I'm at my in-laws for the night to soak in the coolness. Blaine said, as I tucked him in that it was so nice and cool here. I agree totally, son. Plus my brain is fried with birthday planning, budget making for vacation, oh and drama with baseball parents. Fun, fun.
We still need to go pick corn, one more T-Ball game, one more week of baseball, a splashpad/tennis playdate tomorrow morning and a birthday that puts me one more step into the 30s. 

4 comments:

SarahJarnagin said...

What a fun post! I love the picture of you with your "baseballers!" And the workout pic is hilarious... can't believe how well Blaine was doing at the plank! We should totally do something fun for your birthday... shopping in OKC or a night in a hotel. Something fun.

Becky said...

I can't believe you enjoy mowing..I loathe it...hehehe.

Keep adding to list, but don't look far into the future that you miss out on what is in front of you.

Jenny said...

Oh my word! Those temps! Yikes! It hasn't gotten that bad here yet. Thank goodness! We've actually had a nice cool breeze the last couple days. I hope it sticks around.

I could not stand the mohawk either, but at least it's only for the summer, right?

Can't wait to see pics from Blaine's birthday in a few weeks. Hope you have a great birthday and Blaine too after that.

Felicia said...

It sounds and looks like you have an amazing library near you. I wish the one near me did neat things like that. You are such a cute baseball mom!