Thursday, November 13, 2008

party plans

Britton turns the big O-N-E two weeks from today (on Thanksgiving) and I have to admit that I haven’t done much in preparation for the party, which is a week from Saturday. I guess you could say that it snuck up on me but I don’t know how seeing as I obviously know when he was born. I finally got the invitations mailed (which was a challenge in itself) and we decided to only invite grandparents because the size of the house and Britton doesn’t do well with a crowd. I have his gifts but that is where the “done” tasks end. The theme is "Making the Band" due to Britton's love of the musical instruments! I honestly have no idea what I am going to do for cakes (the main as well as his smash cake.) I have always made the other boys cakes so a store bought cake is not an option for me. I finally realized that I needed to call the place to make Britton’s “I’m 1!” shirt and I hope it can be ready in time. There are so many things left to do and I work this weekend. For those who don’t know, I work in the local ER every other weekend Friday-Monday 11p-7a and LOVE IT! I hope to start nursing school in the near future. So I have from Wednesday until party day to get everything wrapped up. I need to locate my handy dandy notebook and dust it off. I lost it almost a year ago when Britton came along so to say that organization has been out the window is an understatement. I know it will all come together in the end though.

The weekend of Britton’s birthday celebration is going to be a great one! Brandon will be baptized at church that Sunday, the 23rd! I am just so proud of him and the decision he has made.

3 comments:

Dara Steward said...

Kendra,
Seriously, you are an ALL STAR mom! I'm sure the party will be great, work will be busy, and the shirt done in time. I was trying to think of cake ideas, and thought you could probably pull drums off pretty easy with regular round cake pans and some creative icing! I hope the weekend goes great!

OklahomaMomma said...

I agree with the above comment about drums... One of my friends did drums for his son and they were sooo cute. I'll have to find a pic to e-mail you.

I am sure you will pull of the party! You are a great mom to do so much!

Kendra said...

Thank you so much Dara and Sarah! You ladies are too sweet and you're right...it will turn out!
Have a great weekend!!!!