I love, absolutely Love the celebration of Mom's Day. I say every year's celebration is my favorite...then the next year's seems to one-up the previous. The handmade and homemade goodies literally make my heart feel so full and extremely happy. Ryan got me shoes, Sperry's that I had picked out, but I didn't even care about them come Sunday (even though I was wishing I had them the week before to wear with a top.)
Blaine warned me earlier in the week that Friday he would "have a
He did give me a fill in the blank about mom on Wednesday that I cracked up laughing at. I am not 25, nor do I weigh 5 lbs, I haven't had diet coke since January and apparently I fake my love for camping reeaallly well!HA!
Brandon made me hand scrub, lots and a coupon book...
and an incredibly sweet "thank you" note. He thanked me for cooking for him, bandaging scrapes, taking him to baseball (twice,) doing his laundry... Gosh, I love him
Britton made a glitter container that he deemed appropriate for "some of your jewelry, Mama."
I love hand cards and scribble cards. Gracelyn made awesome ones!!
We went to church, came home and took naps, then went kite-flying! The kids all received kites in their Easter baskets and had yet to fly them so we took advantage of the gorgeous day. This was a first for the 3 littles and Britton's Spiderman kite was in the air first and was the last to come down. It was such a fun afternoon.
![]() |
| Britton loved his Spiderman kite and had me hold the string while he picked me a flower |
![]() |
| Brandon had a nicer kite than the littles and he chose to go way out to fly his. |
![]() |
| Blaine got a little bored after awhile and brought me a ladybug! |
![]() |
| Gracelyn and her "rella" (Cinderella) kite. I flew it more than she did. |
After kite fun but before going to eat, we went over to the baseball practice fields for Brandon to pitch a little before Monday's game. As we got in the car, Blaine got sick.all.over.the.bus. Seriously, it was so bad. So we picked up food for the rest of us and came home for B2 to rest. It breaks my heart to see one of my sweet ones so sick. Ryan said he felt bad that I was spending Mother's Day helping clean up sickness. But ya know, that's part of the job. I love my job (most of the time.) Being a mom to these 4 kids is more fun than I can say, between them during so much of the day telling jokes, singing songs, giving me information about things I never knew before and randomly breaking out in dance with Miss G, yeah it's a lot of fun!
















1 comment:
Aw! How sweet is your family! You are an amazing mom!!!
Post a Comment